Sometimes I say things that just.. come out..
two very distinct time that this has happened:
Sometimes kids have to come back to homeroom in the afternoons for random reasons, like report cards or an afternoon assembly or something like that. One afternoon they were all coming back, and since it is something out of the norm, they don’t know how to act like humans. I was standing in the hallway “shewing” kids into my room. One guy was talking with a girl as I was trying to sweep everyone into the room. I look back as I am about to shut the door on them.. and
THEY WERE KISSING! Like.. moving their heads.. not playing around.. KISSING in front of my door! They finished and then he ran into my room and the girl went on to her homeroom class. I shut the door and went into my room. Everyone was just sitting around having their own little conversations and the guy was talking with his friends. The principal came over the loud speaker and said something about how all kids should be in their homeroom class, and I look at the guy..and said something about if he wasn’t kissing in the hallway I would have had all my kids.
Well...
His little girl friends around him FREAK OUT! Who were you kissing!?!?! They ask him..
Come to find out.. that was NOT his girlfriend! And I totally told on him.
Woops.
Ok so a few days later I said something even worse..
Our dress code requires guys to have their shirts tucked in. This is such a big deal. I bet I say “tuck your shirt in” about 500 times a day. You would think they would learn, but no.
During note taking one day (a time when I do not allow kids to get up), guy gets up and walks over by my desk and faces the wall and starts.. what looks to be tucking his shirt in. So I just keep teaching and I was going to deal with that after I was done. Well he comes and sits down and I notice his shirt was still out.
So I pause because I am really mad. And say “What were you doing? Your shirts not even in! Where you just over there playing with yourself??
and in my head im thinking.. holy cow.. did I really just say that!)
He just looks at me and said something like “yeah! Right! I wasn’t tucking in my undershirt or anything! Yeah! I was playing with myself. Yeah! That’s right!”
Woops.
It is what it is.
Thursday, October 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment