The baseball coach asked me to help them with their running and flexibility. They think since I help with track that I know everything. I actually don't know much at all about baseball. I honestly don't know that much about track either, other than I really like it. I like to be supportive though, so I told them I would help out.
Today was the first day of fall practice. We all met in a classroom to lay down the groundwork and see who all wanted to play and all that good stuff. Each coach spoke. The main guy, who of course gave a wonderful beginning of the year speech. The lady that is kinda the assistant, gave a few woman tips, like get a glove and wear warm clothes when it gets cold. And then.. they look at me to give them my pep talk (mind you.. I had no idea I was going to need to give a pep talk to being the season) So I just say kinda what I had been thinking when I looked at the group, which ended up being pretty darn good I might add! It went something like this...
Think of a professional baseball player... you got one in mind? what does he look like? one kid pips up "like me!" and I said ok whatever but how he is different? A few kids add in "bigger!" "stronger!" and then someone said "faster!"
Bigger. Stronger. Faster.
Those are our goals. And we will achieve them. Yall get ready to work, and that's pretty much all I have to say guys!
Short and sweet.
Then we head out to the field. They look pretty good. A few can't really catch and a few don't have gloves and their underwear was hangin out... but overall a decent group.
Ive got one kid out there that's in my class, who is pretty much straight off the street, but I'm determined to keep him out there. He said he is going to be the star, so we will see. He definitely catches like a girl though.
Looks like helping with baseball might be fun.
Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment