Monday, May 17, 2010

OH i was so MAD

This story starts at the beginning of school. I have this guy in my homeroom. We will call him L. L is the ultimate ladies man. He is always talking to a different girl in the hallway. This one girl in particular has a MAJOR crush on him. She is also in my homeroom. At first it was cute..but then the other kids started telling me things about her crush. She would pay people to tell her information on him... such as his favorite color. She gave me some poems she had written for me to read. They were all about him. All 7 of them.. each a page or 2 long.

Back to L. I meet this guy's mentor/guardian/friend man at a track meet. We get to talking and (we will call him Mr.J) Mr. J asks be about L. I tell him I have had trouble with him staying in class and all the girls just love him. Mr. J proceeds to tell me that L's mother left him when he was 8. And not your typical leave while the kid is asleep leave.. the kicking and screaming mommy don't make me go.. kind of leave. and that L had a panic attack the other day and punched a hole in the wall b/c a girl told him that she was having his baby. wow.

L and I have had a good relationship since school started. When I would see him in the hallway trying to mack on some girl I would just roll my eyes and he would laugh and laugh because he knew why I was looking at him like that. He really is a sweet kid.

So I had given him some makeup work for being out some, and he came in my room one day during my planning period. He also needed help filling out his next year's schedule, so I started helping him with that. I asked him about the rumor of the girl having his baby, and he said she said she wasn't.

This started a long convo.

He said he didn't want to have a baby with her, so I asked why he had sex with her. "Easy i guess"

Then he starts talking about how he doesn't mean to skip class but he just has so much in his head he can't just sit. Play basketball, fighting, or getting a tattoo is the only way for him to relieve stress and let his mind rest for a moment.

He continues to tell he how his aunt will get him arrested if he goes home because he hit her. But he was so frustrated because she has abused him mentally and emotionally for so long he just couldn't help it. He can't even go to his grandmother's house because she will tell his aunt. And his dad is wanting him to move away.

He doesn't have any family.

So start to list for him all the people I know at school that have been there for him and really love him and help him out.

He said that is the worst part.. I love my school family.. but all these kids have people to go home to and hang out with and eat with... why do they have people and I do not?

We talk about that for a little bit.. then I get a little bold (oh i was so nervous!!).. and ask if he prays.

He said "yea.. I don't know who I am talking to, but I hope its God. and every single time I go to church its like the preacher is talking directly to me"

I asked if God ever talked back to him and what He said

"He just says keep going.."

Then we get back on the family subject.. and I add in that it is so cool that his REAL Dad is the God that makes him breath and move and loves him so much more than anyone else and that all his family are going to have to stand before that Dad and answer to Him when he asks them why they did not love and care for such an amazing young man.

yea.. that comment.. came out of thin air.. not me! Praise God for giving us words to speak when none are there.

he just kinda looked at me and shook his head..

We talk a little bit more about him moving away but he is scared to, and then we finished his schedule and I sent him on to his next class.

and I went to the bathroom to cry a little. OH I was so MAD!! How can someone treat a family member so?? Gosh.
I am so glad I got to talk to him.. but for change to be made its going to take a miracle. It really will.

No comments:

Post a Comment