birthdays as a teacher are really fun. I was sang to by my 2nd block class, and then two choir students came in my room during class change and sang to me. One sang with much.. vibratto (not sure how to spell that.. but they sang very intensely) and made some type of beat to go along with the song. very r&b.
i got a card from one student. it says "hail to the birthday queen" on the front and then on the inside, the student wrote " keep the teaching rocking!!" haha!! so sweet.
And many students that I do not even know.. I have never seen them before.. yelled out down the hall at me "HAPPY BIRTHDAY MS. BROCATO!!!"
Now i teach some older kids.. so when they all asked me how old i was.. i told him i was 45. some actually believed me! Some were like noooo your like 32! some said 28.
then.. this is my favorite. During lunch in the teacher's lounge. An older teacher gave me some fried catfish for my birthday. Fried catfish! only in Tennessee..
then another teacher pined a dollar bill on me. I have never heard of this, but apparently its some type of tradition.
I love teaching.. and days like today really make me smile.
Friday, April 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment