Friday, August 6, 2010

Back to School

This week had been great. It is so WEIRD to be back again! It is very nice though.. it feels like home and I am a million times more comfortable than I was this time last year. I re-arranged my room and got all organized so that’s been helpful.

I have 2 classes of regular ed geometry and one class of 9th grade honors kids. They are pretty good. Problems include… checking, farting, and not knowing what 7 plus 4 is.

Checking is just making fun of someone, but they will have like competitions with it. Some of my kids mumble and they all sound the same at first, so there is no way to snag one of them at first. However, this morning a kid came in to ask for another kid, and them some random kid said “hey tell him hey nig** bi***” Everyone quickly turned to look at me and see what I was going to do. Of course I sent him to the office! Poor guy gave me the biggest spill on why not to and I should believe in second chances, but I have to start out tough! I have a hard enough time being tough, so I had to send him. The rest of the time in that class was just so peaceful though! I like when I scare them :) haha.

Why is farting so funny? One girl today asked to move seats because the boys around her kept farting. When I was in high school you held those things in! But not these boys.. it seems like they are pushing them out for everyone to laugh. And what do you say?? Hold it in? I tried that. They responded “No! It hurts!” And then that caused more trouble than just ignoring it all together.

My kids this semester seem to be a little more well off than mine last year. They knew what "like terms" meant and most knew what parallel lines are today, so that’s good. Two kids did however argue with me that 4 plus 7 was 10! Two of them together ganged up on me and they were just sure that 4 plus 7 was 10. I had to show them on my fingers that it was 11. It was pretty hilarious.

Overall.. it should be a good semester. It was so cool to have kids come into my room and tell me they miss my class! And then I had a few of my boys come to me and tell me they are going to make Principal’s List this semester, so we will be how that goes. I feel like a mom! Its so funny.

I love my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment